LocationVarious locations across NSW, TAS, QLD, NT, ACT
What we do
MCT Care has trained and experienced staff members with over 30 language proficiencies from several different backgrounds so that the clients receive more intuitive support.
Our care is specific to our client’s needs, which may vary widely:
- Help during eating or drinking
- Mobility: moving in or out of bed and around the house
- Attending appointments
- The bladder, bowel management and menstrual care
- Personal hygiene: showering, bathing, oral hygiene, dressing and grooming
Complex Personal care
Client-specific care which can refer to tasks which at the participant’s request cannot be provided by family members or friends.
The manner and complexity will vary across our clients, but our trained and caring staff will ensure that all their needs are met.
We take into account behavioural inconsistencies amongst our clients and based on such differences, we ensure that more intensive assistance is available.
We provide support based on several aspects of our clients:
- Their weight (and other physical aspects)
- Medical condition - needs medication
- The type of carer a person would prefer.
- High care needs: we have experienced registered nurses.
Community participation can relate to various things but most commonly:
Going to work.
Going to school or further education.
Seeing and talking to friends, family and colleagues.
With the assistance of our experienced and caring staff, our clients will be able to carry out various activities, such as:
- Join a sporting club.
- See a movie or a concert.
- Visit your local library.
- Join a social group.
- Attend personal development courses.
- Go on holiday.
Participants can enjoy while going out with their own cultural/language Support workers.
Daily/ Household Tasks
Assistance with daily tasks is a service we provide here at MCT Care. It refers to supporting our clients in routine tasks to give skills to increase their independence and provide control over their life. These everyday tasks may involve:
- Showering or bathing
- Personal hygiene
- Going to the toilet
- Getting in and out of bed
- Help with eating
- Moving around the house
The support is provided to each person living in their own home or shared arrangement base on their specific needs. If our client lives in a shared space, our flexible support workers can ensure that they receive maximum assistance without any hindrances. This will allow their carer to take a break and complete other tasks of significance.