LocationVarious locations across WA, VIC
What we do
Hello and Welcome to Real Support Options!
My name is Roda and I am the director of Real Support Options. Our Journey began with a big idea, a genuine passion to empower and support people living with disability and their families.
As a registered NDIS provider, we support people living with disability to develop their independence and achieve their potential. We recognise that to be excellent in our field, we need to fully understand and champion the changing needs and aspirations of the people we support. Through partnerships with families and professional services, we believe in constantly evolving and providing a person-centred approach at every step in an individual’s support journey.
We have extensive experience in disability care and specialise in embracing cultural diversity, tailoring all levels of supports to ensure our participants reach their goals. Our trusted management team, Support Coordinators and support workers speak over 20 different languages, actively inspire and collaborate with our participants, to help them pursue more independent and fulfilling lives.
Services we provide include:
Assistance with daily living & assistance with self-care in your home
- Getting up and ready for the day
- Support with personal care, showering, dressing, grooming
- Housecleaning and similar tasks,
- Meal planning, preparation, and cooking
- Banking and shopping,
- Home and yard maintenance,
- Medication support and prompts
- Attending appointments
- Maintaining your independent living skills
- Assist with or maintain daily routines such as before and after school activities
- Learning important life skills
Assistance with Social and Community Participation - Real Support Options support staff will help you continue to do things you love.
- Going to the movies, catching up with your family and friends, going for a walk or having a coffee at a café.
- Accessing public transport,
- Identification of local groups and activities,
- Assistance with attending appointments, shopping, going to school or further education.
- Getting to the local sports events or the gym
- Going to programs and playgroups
- Meeting friends during the day or evening
- Holidays and vacations
- Appointments inc. Allied Health
We understand that your health and wellbeing is essential in enabling you to care for someone else. Respite is designed to give you an opportunity to recharge and look after yourself whilst feeling assured that highly trained and caring staff are looking after your loved one.
If you’re a primary carer, our respite services can give you a break from your caring role and allow you some time out to attend to your other commitments. We’ll get to know your loved ones’ abilities and preferences and tailor our care to meet their needs so you can relax knowing that they are being well looked after.
- In-home respite - One of our highly trained support workers can visit your home to provide care to your loved one, while you enjoy some planned ‘time out’ from your carer role to look after yourself and your needs.
- Overnight respite accommodation - Overnight accommodation, so you can take a short break. Providing a warm and friendly environment for your loved one, we offer a range of activities and freshly prepared meals. Our highly trained and specialised staff will quickly make you feel at home and will get to know your needs, abilities and preferences while you relax in a safe, caring and comfortable setting.
Specialised Driver Training
- Developed to meet the learning styles of those with Aspergers, ASD and anxiety and the delivery methodologies tailored to match each clients learning style.
Support Coordination - A Support Coordinator’s role is to help you and your family understand and implement your NDIS plan to optimise what you get out of it. A Support Coordinator can:
- Help you understand and make sense of the NDIS and your plan
- Help you navigate the myplace portal
- Develop a ‘plan for your plan’ –work out how we will use your funding to achieve your goals
- Help you find and negotiate with suitable providers for all of your funded supports, ensuring service agreements and service bookings are completed
- Help manage your resources effectively to get the most out of your plan
- Link you with your community, formal and informal supports
- Monitor and document progress throughout your plan
- Support you to build skills and exercise choice and control over your own life
- Help you to problem-solve any issues with your plan
- Support you in a crisis
- Provide general advice and guidance as needed
- Reduce barriers to fully implementing your plan and realising your potential
- Help you prepare for your next plan review
Specialist support coordination – This is a higher level of support coordination.
- It is for people whose situations are more complex and who need specialist support. A specialist Support Coordinator will assist you to manage challenges in your support environment and ensuring consistent delivery of service.