LocationVarious locations across NSW
What we do
Art Therapy – What to Expect
There’s no need to have prior experience with art to benefit from arts therapy. Our focus is on your process and what emerges for you as you engage with your art. I am not here to judge, analyse or interpret your art, rather together we enter the image / artwork and discover the insights and meaning there for you.
An art therapy session involves client centred counselling and depending on your needs may include art therapy processes. We may not make art each session, when do we will choose from clay, drawing, painting, mask-making, mandalas, and sometimes movement. All of you is welcome in our session together, your hopes, fears, darkest places, joys, griefs, dreams: your known, your unknown and your emerging self.
Some of the benefits of arts therapy are:
- Ability to better communicate / express thoughts and emotions
- Learning to work more effectively with fear, stress and challenges in life.
- Ability to access and use your own resources, strengths and gifts.
- Greater self – awareness / esteem / acceptance.
- A deeper connection to yourself and your inner knowing.
- Inner knowing / strength /empowerment.
- Clearer sense of direction / purpose / meaning.
- Greater sense of well-being and wholeness.
- Connecting with creativity
Art and Play Therapy with Children
Feeling safe and wanted, having your needs met, being able to be yourself, having choice, having purpose, becoming competent, and being loved for who you are key developmental needs for all of us. Sometimes these developmental needs are disrupted. When your child is struggling with strong feelings including anger, grief or fear and or with family issues art therapy gives your child the opportunity to express themselves.
By encouraging and supporting your child’s creative expression I help your child to work safely and transformatively with their feelings and issues. My child-centred approach validates your child’s experiences and helps your child re-build what may be a damaged self-esteem and gain self-confidence. Children are naturally creative, and love working this way!
Adults seeking healing for their Inner Child find it through creative expression and support in sessions with me.